Data Viewer is a Powerful and Intuitive Data Analysis Program
EyeLink Data Viewer is used for viewing, filtering, and processing gaze data recorded with EyeLink eye trackers. Data Viewer:
- Includes a range of Data Visualization options:
- supports visualization of eye data over time.
- superimposes saccade and fixation scan-path information over an image.
- plays back the trial with eye movements overlaid (including and modes).
- Supports both and interest areas (rectangular, elliptical, or freeform polygons).
- Generate or heat maps for selected trials or groups of trials.
- Create to compare gaze across conditions / trials / participant groups
- Create for temporal data filtering.
- Output a wide range of , at the sample, fixation, saccade, interest area, or trial level for statistical analysis.
- Output Time Series (binning) reports for and Dynamic tasks.
- Aggregate Data Mode allows users to visualize eye-tracking data from multiple participants/trials and provides summary statistics.
- Highly integrated with SR Research Experiment Builder and WebLink, E-Prime, Presentation, Matlab + Psychtoolbox, and other experimental programming packages.
If you would like to find out more about Data Viewer and how it can help your eye-tracking research, please get in touch with us! You can also download the latest version by clicking the button below (you will need to be registered with our support forum for the link to work):
Data Filtering and Trial Grouping with Data Viewer
- Filter data and reports based on fixation / saccade parameters (e.g. duration and amplitude).
- Manually edit / delete / merge fixations in temporal view mode.
- Remove fixations using a range of highly configurable options.
- Clean fixations using a built-in and configurable four-stage process (for reading research).
- Group trials based on one or multiple trial condition variables.
- Color code events (fixations / saccades) based on grouping variables.
- Create interest areas templates and apply them to all similar trials across participants.
Data Analysis / Output Reports with Data Viewer
- Generate reports on gaze position at the sample level, as well reports based on fixations, saccades, interest areas, or trials for statistical analysis.
- Generate aggregate Event or Interest Area Reports for a rapid overview of key gaze metrics.
- Perform reading regression analysis and fixation sequence (transition matrix) analysis.
- All Data Viewer reports (output as .txt or .xls files) can be imported directly into Excel and statistical analysis packages such as SPSS and R for further processing.
- Data Viewer requires a license key to run, but if you’d like to try it you can run it temporarily in a restricted demo mode without one. You can download the latest version of Data Viewer from our Support Forum.