Powerful and Intuitive Data Analysis
EyeLink Data Viewer is used for viewing, filtering, and processing gaze data recorded with EyeLink eye trackers.
- Includes a range of Data Visualization options:
- supports visualization of eye data over time.
- superimposes saccade and fixation scan-path information over an image.
- plays back the trial with eye movements overlaid (including and modes).
- Supports both and interest areas (rectangular, elliptical, or freeform polygons).
- Generate or heat maps for selected trials or groups of trials.
- Create to compare gaze across conditions / trials / participant groups
- Create for temporal data filtering.
- Output a wide range of , at the sample, fixation, saccade, interest area, or trial level for statistical analysis.
- Output Time Series (binning) reports for and Dynamic tasks.
- Aggregate Data Mode allows users to visualize eye-tracking data from multiple participants/trials and provides summary statistics.
- Highly integrated with SR Research Experiment Builder, E-Prime, Presentation, Matlab + Psychtoolbox, and other experimental programming packages.
Data Filtering and Trial Grouping
- Filter data and reports based on fixation / saccade parameters (e.g. duration and amplitude).
- Manually edit / delete / merge fixations in temporal view mode.
- Remove fixations using a range of highly configurable options.
- Clean fixations using a built-in and configurable four-stage process (for reading research).
- Group trials based on one or multiple trial condition variables.
- Color code events (fixations / saccades) based on grouping variables.
- Create interest areas templates and apply them to all similar trials across participants.
Data Analysis / Output Reports
- Generate reports on gaze position at the sample level, as well reports based on fixations, saccades, interest areas, or trials for statistical analysis.
- Generate aggregate Event or Interest Area Reports for a rapid overview of key gaze metrics.
- Perform reading regression analysis and fixation sequence (transition matrix) analysis.
- All Data Viewer reports (output as .txt or .xls files) can be imported directly into Excel and statistical analysis packages such as SPSS and R for further processing.
- Data Viewer requires a license key to run, but if you’d like to try it you can run it temporarily in a restricted demo mode without one. You can get the installer from our support forum.