The Most Precise and Versatile Eye Tracker
The EyeLink 1000 Plus is the world’s most precise and accurate video-based eye tracker, sampling binocularly at up to 2000 Hz. It is also the most flexible and customizable eye tracker, with multiple mounting options, interchangeable lenses, and multiple head free-to-move remote configurations.
- The EyeLink 1000 Plus eye tracker has outstanding with low spatial noise and high sampling rates, in both and head free-to-move .
- Choose from a range of camera mounting options – , , , and .
- Fast, accurate and reliable eye tracking across a wide range of populations – from infants through to elderly participants and even non-human species.
- The EyeLink 1000 Plus smoothly integrates with SR Research Experiment Builder, Data Viewer, WebLink, and third-party software and tools including E-Prime, Presentation, MATLAB and Psychtoolbox, etc.
If you want to find out more about how the EyeLink 1000 Plus can help your eye-tracking research, get in touch or request a quote, and we will get back to you!
The Core System comprises the EyeLink 1000 Plus Camera, a Host PC, and Response Device and requires one of the mounts described below:
- The standard Workstation Host PC is perfect for the laboratory.
- Real-time binocular eye movement data are processed, recorded, and returned to external devices via an Ethernet link and/or analog voltage at up to 2000 Hz.
- Our unique camera technology operates in distinct head stabilized and head free-to-move (remote) modes.
- Fast, accurate and reliable eye tracking across a wide range of populations and research scenarios.
- Includes a millisecond accurate response device.
- For a more portable system consider the EyeLink Portable Duo or contact us to discuss other Host PC options for the EyeLink 1000 Plus.
Choose a camera mount that best suits your research needs. Additional mounts easily extend the functionality of your system.
- The Desktop Mount sits below the tracked area and is perfect for traditional screen based eye tracking.
- Typically operates at a range of 40-70cm, so no electronics need to be near the participant’s head, making it perfect for research involving EEG or TMS.
- Supports unique Head-Stabilized and Remote head free-to-move modes.
- The Tower Mount is ideal for touchscreens, close distances, or for research that requires eye movements to be tracked over large degrees of visual angle.
- The EyeLink camera views the eye from above via an infrared hot mirror, leaving the space in front of the subject unoccupied and extending the binocular trackable range to 60 degrees horizontally and 40 degrees vertically.
- Contact us to learn about customized Tower Mount solutions for writing / drawing research.
LCD Arm Mount
- The LCD Arm Mount is perfect for working with infants, toddlers and patients, as well as participants in difficult-to-record positions.
- The easily-positioned hydraulic arm holds an LCD monitor (with speakers) as well as the EyeLink camera.
- The entire eye-tracking apparatus and display can be easily moved into place in front of the participant.
- The LCD Arm Mount supports unique Head-Stabilized and Remote head free-to-move modes.
- For Non-Human tracking, the Primate Mount holds the camera and an infrared illuminator in a compact, out of the way bracket.
- An infrared reflecting hot mirror approach accommodates a wide range of unique viewing setups with wide visual angles within very small space requirements.
- Use the Desktop Mount for mirrorless operation.
Long Range Mount
- The Long Range Mount is designed for applications that require the optics to be up to 150 cm from the eye.
- For further details see our fMRI and MEG Systems page.
Remote Camera Upgrade
- For eye-tracking research where head stabilization is not desirable, but high accuracy and resolution are still required.
- Ideal for research involving EEG, TMS, or for use with infants, children, and special populations.
- Consistent binocular/monocular tracking at up to 1000 Hz.
- Average accuracy is ~0.5 degrees.
- Compatible with Desktop and Arm Mounts.
- Choice of lenses allows a range of headbox sizes.
SR Research Head Support
- Extremely sturdy, high-quality chin and forehead rest, suitable for use in any behavioral research laboratory.
- The chin support can be adjusted in depth for extra comfort and better head positioning.
- Use just the chin rest (e.g., for EEG experiments in which you want to avoid putting pressure on the frontal electrodes).
- Use just the forehead rest (e.g., for tasks involving speech production).
Stimulus Presentation Hardware
- We can provide preconfigured high-performance display hardware for the most demanding experimental tasks.
- We carefully measure audio and visual stimulus delivery times and provide highly optimized Display PCs with known timing properties.
- We also provide fast LCD Displays (up to 240Hz) that have been timing-tested and confirmed to have accurate vertical refresh capabilities – perfect for gaze-contingent research.
- The Black Box ToolKit Response Pad (left) and the Millikey Response Box (right) are both millisecond accurate.
- Each is recognized as a USB keyboard, so can be used with any operating system or programming approach.
- Both have arcade-style buttons with clear caps that can be removed to place your own information beneath.
- The Black Box ToolKit Response Pad is available in two different 5 button layouts (W and V).
- The Analog Output card is intended for research settings in which digital gaze data cannot be accessed over the ethernet link.
- It provides analog output of X and Y position data and pupil size.
- Data is updated every sample (up to 2000 Hz).
- Programmable range between +/- 10 volts.
- Analog breakout board with BNC connectors.
- All EyeLink systems come with a lifetime of free technical support.
- Support members include former faculty and Ph.D. graduates in Cognitive Neuroscience, Vision Science, Psycholinguistics and Experimental Psychology.
- We have expertise in all aspects of eye-tracking research and outstanding technical knowledge of EyeLink hardware, software, and integration.
Onsite EyeLink Eye Tracker Installation and Training
- We provide installation and commission of standard hardware.
- Onsite software training is tailored to individual research goals.
- You decide how large of an audience to include.
- Cost covers all travel expenses to your site.
- Contact us for a quote.
- Sophisticated and intuitive graphical programming environment for creating computer-based psychology and neuroscience experiments.
- Runs under Windows and macOS (OSX).
- Has hundreds of existing templates that can be easily modified (e.g., change blindness, smooth pursuit, pro-saccade task, Stroop task, etc.).
- Powerful and intuitive software for viewing, filtering, and processing gaze data recorded with EyeLink eye trackers.
- Create static and dynamic interest areas, heatmaps, and output hundreds of dependent measures such as Dwell Time, Sacccade Onset, etc.
- Highly integrated with SR Research Experiment Builder, E-Prime, Presentation and any custom programming method.
- WebLink is a software solution that allows EyeLink users to track eye movements while participants view and interact with dynamic media such as websites, online games, and computer software.
- Ideal for performing usability testing and also perfect for running simple “slideshow” experiments with image and video stimuli.
- Compatible with all EyeLinks and Data Viewer.
- Easily add eye tracking functionality to existing projects in E-Prime, Presentation, MATLAB and Psychtoolbox, and more.
- Add eye tracking functionality to stimulus display programs written in Python, C, C#, and other programming languages.
- Integrate with a range of third-party hardware and synchronize eye movement recording with MRI / EEG / fNIRS / TMS and other recording equipment.
|Features||EyeLink Portable Duo||EyeLink 1000 Plus|
|Mounting Options||Laptop Mount (included)
Tripod Mount (included)
Long Range Mounts (fMRI, MEG)
|Weight||EyeLink Portable Duo and Laptop Mount
Approximately 1 kg
Minimal Setup1 – 3.7 kg
|EyeLink 1000 Plus with Desktop Mount
Approximately 2.1 kg
Minimal Setup – 7.0 kg
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||21 cm x 4.5 cm x 11 cm||Approx. 29 cm x 18 cm x 9 cm with Desktop Mount|
|MRI / MEG tracking||NA||Yes – with Long Range Mounts|
|Analog Voltage Output||NA||Yes – with Analog Output option|
|Participant Age Range||Older infants through to adults||All ages – infants2 through to adults|
|Allowable Head Movement in Remote Mode||20 cm horizontal X 20 cm vertical at 52 cm||35 cm horizontal X 35 cm vertical at 60 cm
40 cm horizontal X 40 cm vertical at 70 cm
|Optimal Camera-Eye Distance||42 – 62 cm in all modes||40 – 70 cm in Head-Stabilized and Remote Modes
60 – 150 cm in Long Range Mount
|Sampling Rate||Up to 2000 Hz monocular or binocular head stabilized or 1000 Hz monocular or binocular head free-to-move||Up to 2000 Hz monocular or binocular head stabilized or 1000 Hz monocular or binocular head free-to-move|
|Travel Case, Wheeled Laptop Bag||Included||NA|
|Lightweight Head Support||Included||Available for Purchase|
|Camera Interface||USB 3.0||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Power Requirements||5.0 V, 1800 mA USB powered||12 V, 2000 mA (from external power supply)|
|Eye Tracker Enclosure||Camera, lens, and illuminator are sealed inside an anodized aluminum enclosure with acrylic optical window||Camera (with interchangeable lens) and illuminator can be mounted separately|
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Availability of some features depends on options purchased.
1. Weight of the Host PC and eye tracker.
2. With appropriate hardware components.
For more detailed information about the EyeLink 1000 Plus, please check out the specifications table or download our brochure.