Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
SR Research Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers and aims to meet the requirements of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with the assistive devices we currently have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (wheelchair ramp), SR Research will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the main entryways of the building, including the company website.
SR Research will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Sales and customer support staff
- Two staff members in the shipping department
- One staff member in the production department
- Two staff members in the accounting/purchasing department
- Managerial staff
This training will be provided to staff 3 months after hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- SR Research’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to take direction from people with disabilities who use an assistive device to support and help them access goods and services at SR Research.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing SR Research goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way SR Research Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do so by e-mail.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to email@example.com.
Customers can expect to hear back in 5 days.
Notice of availability
SR Research Ltd. will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting them on the company website.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of SR Research that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.