Eye trackers are an increasingly important tool in usability and applied psychology settings, where gaze data can be used to inform issues such as website design and determine which package designs / advertisement layouts are the most effective. Eye tracking data from experts can also be used to inform and quantify training procedures. In recent years many researchers in usability and applied settings have also begun to explore the potential of pupillometry to reveal important insights into the cognitive workload involved during task performance. The combination of fast and accurate remote eye tracking and powerful software solutions make EyeLink systems the perfect choice for Usability and Applied research.
Fast, Accurate, Reliable Eye Tracking
Outstanding Spatial Accuracy: In both head-stabilized and head free-to-move modes ensures researchers are able to capture the most subtle differences in gaze behavior.
High Sampling Rates: Rapid recovery from blinks and tracking loss.
Perfect for pupilometry: Changes in cognitive workload and emotional response can be measured with exceptional precision.
Screen Recorder Software: Capture gaze data while participants interact with websites, software and even gaming consoles.
- The can be placed in front of monitors and also track eye movements when people view projector screens.
- Head-free allows extended recordings of naturalistic gaze behaviour as people interact with software / websites etc.
- Synchronize gaze data with .
- The is ideal for research in the office and other workplace settings.
- and very quick to set up – be ready to record in minutes.
Software Solutions for Usability & Applied Research
SR Research WebLink is a powerful Screen Recording tool that allows EyeLink users to track eye movements while participants view and interact with dynamic media such as , , and It is ideal for performing usability testing and also perfect for running simple “slideshow” experiments with image and video stimuli. WebLink features include:
- A simple and intuitive for the rapid creation of tasks
- Powerful screen recording that captures all movements and events on a screen in an mp4 format.
- Synchronization between the screen capture video recording and eye-tracking data for easy analysis in Data Viewer 4.1+.
- The ability to record all key presses and mouse clicks.
- The ability to record video and audio of participant responses via a webcam.
- Hotkeys which can be used to send messages into the eye tracking recording or send TTLs to synchronize with other recording equipment.
- that provide live gaze feedback and facilitate task control.
- Compatible with all EyeLink eye trackers