Compumedics Neuroscan is dedicated to expanding knowledge and understanding of the human brain and nervous system through advanced technology. They are a leading provider of technologies for high-density EEG recordings and electro-magnetic source localization.
Integrating Neuroscan EEG hardware with EyeLink systems is very straightforward. Integration is achieved via standard TTL signaling, typically via a parallel port on the Display PC (although the parallel port of the EyeLink Host PC can also be used). The only other component required is a Trigger Cable (supplied by Neuroscan).
Experiment Builder Integration
The Biometric TTL Node allows users to:
- Start and Stop Recording (if using Curry software for acquisition)
- Mark the beginning and end of the trial
- Send event markers (e.g. to mark stimulus / response onsets)
- During task performance, the stimulus presentation software (e.g., Experiment Builder, E-Prime, Presentation, PsychToolBox, etc.) simultaneously sends TTLs signals to the NeuroScan equipment via a parallel port cable, and messages to the EyeLink Host PC via an ethernet link.
- The TTLs / Messages mark key trial events (such as stimulus onset / participant response etc), allowing the two data streams to be synchronized at the analysis stage.
- If neither the Display PC or Host PC has a parallel port, then a device such as the USB2TTL8 can be used.
If you have any questions regarding EyeLink-Neuroscan integration, feel free to contact us. We’re always happy to help.