The Portable Eye Tracker with Uncompromised Data Quality
The latest addition to the EyeLink eye tracker series is a highly portable solution that provides fast, accurate, and reliable eye tracking in a wide range of research scenarios. The compact hardware delivers accurate and precise measures of gaze location and pupil size. The consistent binocular sampling rate, at up to 2000Hz, enables the most sophisticated and demanding eye-movement research, both in and out of the lab.
The EyeLink Portable Duo eye tracker has the following features:
- Mobility – Everything needed can fit in a .
- Flexibility – Dual-use or eye tracking with distinct algorithms optimized for your research application.
- Superior Data Quality – Robust, for even the most demanding scientific and medical applications.
- Ease of Use – Quick and simple setup, recording, and analysis.
- Compatibility – Smoothly integrates with SR Research Experiment Builder, Data Viewer and third-party software and equipment.
Every Eyelink Portable Duo eye tracker kit includes the following features:
Lightweight Laptop Host PC
- Runs a unique real-time operating system ensuring temporal precision and consistency.
- Has a simplified and streamlined user interface.
- Minimizes set up time and maximizes usability and portability.
Portable Duo Camera
- Attaches to Host PC via simple USB cable.
- Requires no other connections or power sources.
- Operates in both head free-to-move and head stabilized modes.
- Records binocularly at 2000 Hz with the head stabilized, 1000 Hz with the head free-to-move.
- Meets IEC 60601-1 medical certification standards.
Laptop and Tripod Mounts
- For maximum portabality use a laptop display computer. The Laptop Mount fits 15″ and 17″ Models.
- Alternatively, the Tripod Mount can be used to track gaze on standard desktop computer monitors or projection screens.
Lightweight Head Support
- The Table Clamp Chin Cup head support quickly clamps to tables / desks.
- A simple chin cup stabilizes the head.
- The MilliKey Response Box is millisecond accurate.
- It is recognized as a USB keyboard, so it can be used with any operating system or programming approach.
- It has large arcade-style buttons with clear caps that can be removed to place your own information beneath.
Soft and Hard Carry Cases
- Lightweight wheeled carry-on / backpack for transporting locally – it holds all the components above as well as a laptop display computer.
- Robust hard case for storage and shipping.
Stimulus Presentation Hardware
- For maximum portability, bundle the Portable Duo with a laptop Display PC.
- We supply laptops with 120Hz screens – perfect for gaze-contingent research out of the lab.
- We also offer a range of desktop Display PCs for the most demanding video and audio stimulus delivery requirements.
- We supply monitors (up to 240Hz), which have been tested and proven to have low latencies.
- The Black Box ToolKit Response Pad (left) and the Millikey Response Box (right) are both millisecond accurate.
- Each is recognized as a USB keyboard, so can be used with any operating system or programming approach.
- Both have arcade-style buttons with clear caps that can be removed to place your own information beneath.
- The Black Box ToolKit Response Pad is available in two different 5 button layouts (W and V).
- All EyeLink systems come with a lifetime of free technical support.
- Support members include former faculty and Ph.D. graduates in Cognitive Neuroscience, Vision Science, Psycholinguistics and Experimental Psychology.
- We have expertise in all aspects of eye-tracking research and outstanding technical knowledge of EyeLink hardware, software, and integration.
Onsite EyeLink Eye Tracker Installation and Training
- We provide installation and commission of standard hardware.
- Onsite software training is tailored to individual research goals.
- You decide how large of an audience to include.
- Cost covers all travel expenses to your site.
- Contact us for a quote.
- Sophisticated and intuitive graphical programming environment for creating computer-based psychology and neuroscience experiments.
- Runs under Windows and macOS (OSX).
- Has thousands of existing templates that can be easily modified (e.g., change blindness, smooth pursuit, pro-saccade task, Stroop task, etc.).
- Powerful and intuitive software for viewing, filtering, and processing gaze data recorded with EyeLink eye trackers.
- Create static and dynamic interest areas, heatmaps, and output hundreds of dependent measures such as Dwell Time, Sacccade Onset, etc.
- Integrates with SR Research Experiment Builder, E-Prime, Presentation and any custom programming method.
- Easily add eye tracking functionality to existing projects in E-Prime, Presentation, MATLAB and Psychtoolbox, and more.
- Sycnhronize eye movement recording with MRI / EEG / fNIRS / TMS and other recording equipment.
- Add eye tracking functionality to stimulus display programs written in Python, C, C#, and other programming languages.
|Features||EyeLink Portable Duo||EyeLink 1000 Plus|
|Mounting Options||Laptop Mount (included)
Tripod Mount (included)
Long Range Mounts (fMRI, MEG)
|Weight||EyeLink Portable Duo and Laptop Mount
Approximately 1 kg
Minimal Setup1 – 3.7 kg
|EyeLink 1000 Plus with Desktop Mount
Approximately 2.1 kg
Minimal Setup – 7.0 kg
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||21 cm x 4.5 cm x 11 cm||Approx. 29 cm x 18 cm x 9 cm with Desktop Mount|
|MRI / MEG tracking||NA||Yes – with Long Range Mounts|
|Analog Voltage Output||NA||Yes – with Analog Output option|
|Participant Age Range||Older infants through to adults||All ages – infants2 through to adults|
|Allowable Head Movement in Remote Mode||20 cm horizontal X 20 cm vertical at 52 cm||35 cm horizontal X 35 cm vertical at 60 cm
40 cm horizontal X 40 cm vertical at 70 cm
|Optimal Camera-Eye Distance||42 – 62 cm in all modes||40 – 70 cm in Head-Stabilized and Remote Modes
60 – 150 cm in Long Range Mount
|Sampling Rate||Up to 2000 Hz monocular or binocular head stabilized or 1000 Hz monocular or binocular head free-to-move||Up to 2000 Hz monocular or binocular head stabilized or 1000 Hz monocular or binocular head free-to-move|
|Travel Case, Wheeled Laptop Bag||Included||NA|
|Lightweight Head Support||Included||Available for Purchase|
|Camera Interface||USB 3.0||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Power Requirements||5.0 V, 1800 mA USB powered||12 V, 2000 mA (from external power supply)|
|Eye Tracker Enclosure||Camera, lens, and illuminator are sealed inside an anodized aluminum enclosure with acrylic optical window||Camera (with interchangeable lens) and illuminator can be mounted separately|
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Availability of some features depends on options purchased.
1. Weight of the Host PC and eye tracker.
2. With appropriate hardware components.
For more detailed information about the Portable Duo, please check out the specifications table or download our brochure.